Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We bought a house here in San Antonio at the end of last year!  We are still in the same historic neighborhood near downtown, which we love.

I have a few rooms in our "new" 100+ year-old house looking fairly civilized!  We have lots of remodeling projects planned, so I haven't really done much besides paint and curtains.  The walls here are Benjamin Moore's "River's edge" and the curtains are silk taffeta in the same color hung on thin, unlacquered brass rods.

I have collected furniture pieces that seem to work anywhere, and I am always happy to see them given new life in a different setting.  Here is the chinese screen from my ex-bedroom mentioned in an earlier post....I hung it on the wall of the living room in this house and added a fabulous brass picture light from Visual Comfort at the top.  There, yet again, is my green linen velvet Mayfield sofa and my two tiger needlepoint chairs.  Do you think someone can have too much animal print?  It has always been my favorite neutral!

I have my two favorite foo dog lamps behind the sofa - love them! I am getting sick of my Chelsea Textiles shades..I may need to retire those.  I do love a narrow table behind a sofa..it allows you to light the area really well, and it also eliminates that furniture-stuck-to the wall look in the narrow rooms in old houses.

My cocktail table is an antique Chinese tea table cut down to 24 inches, and my pillows are an assortment of Fortuny and silk velvet, plus the Megan Yager Design signature pillow, the tiger silk velvet lumbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment